Copyright


Search This Blog

Monday, April 14, 2014

Sal'awaan and brushtail fennec

An update... finally!

So, I just received news Sunday that two of my three critter submissions for the Cheliax-themed  Wayfinder #11 didn't make the cut. Which still isn't bad, considering 1) how much competition there is to get anything into an issue, 2) the hard page cap on this PaizoCo 2014 edition because it'll receive a print run, and c) both of them fit much better in the upcoming Osirion-themed issue.

The third critter is making its way through editing, but I've thrown the other two into some quick HTML for the Web:
  • Critter #1 is the sal'awaan, a humanoid shapechanger based on the sal'awa cryptid from real-world Africa and the lupin therianthrope  legend of real-world Europe. You'll find its article here. (6/15/2014 Edit: Link pulled to rework it.)
If you have any suggestions, questions, or corrections, don't hesitate to comment.

Edit: Fixed some HTML issues.

2 comments:

  1. The fennec fox is one of my favorite animals, and I thought you did a great job capturing what makes it cool.

    I would agree that these don't thematically fit Cheliax, but I like them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was worried it'd be overpowered as a familiar option. Freehold gave me some great advice/ideas on the sal'awaan too; maybe with some re-writes they'll both make it into Wayfinder #12?

      Delete